Fishing in Scotland - Introduction by Stewart Collingswood (founder and MD)
Since 2004 we have hosted thousands of guests from all over the world on fishing trips, corporate fishing events and mixed fishing and touring vacations in Scotland. We are an Orvis endorsed tour operator and fishing guiding company, based in Edinburgh.
Our passion for Scotland remains strong, and as well as running our business we like to think of ourselves as ambassadors for this wonderful country. If you’ve never been here, Scotland is a very friendly (and safe) country for guests to visit, and you’ll find our people are genuine, helpful, passionate and enthusiastic.
I founded Alba 13 years ago. Disillusioned after running a software company, I took to the hills in search of inspiration, armed with a notebook and a few ideas, I wrote down everything I loved: fishing, photography, Scotland, beautiful locations, food, whisky, heritage, e-procurement, and tourism. Not an obvious combination, you might think, but it led to the formation of a new concept, a company delivering one of Scotland’s most sought-after pursuits and one that embraces all the concepts sketched out 13 years ago on that hilltop.
When Alba Game Fishing started it was a bold move and it was 6 months before the business started to materialise. We pioneered a new type of fishing trip in Scotland. We complemented fishing days, vacations and trips and with good food, photography and a focus on customer service. We set out to offer the best of Scottish fishing from Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Aberdeen, Inverness and the Scottish Highlands. This led to entertaining hundreds of groups from all over the world including the Poet Laureate, Open Golf winner Louis Oosthuizen, the South Africa rugby team and the CEO of Gazprom.
Typical Fishing Lunch Menu
- Boeuf bourguignon, Aberdeen Angus beef slow cooked in red wine with minted peas and sautéed organic potatoes
- Fragrant Thai red curry with Coconut, Lemongrass, Galangal, fresh lime, coriander and basil. Served with papads and steamed wild basmati rice.
- Wild Highland Venison with tangelo, cranberry and port reduction and served with steamed greens and potatoes.
- Borders organic shoulder of lamb slow cooked in Moroccan spices. Fresh tomatoes, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger and organic dried fruit. Served with couscous or basmati wild rice.
- Trout slow baked with Tuscan Olive oil organic lemon and bay leaf, fresh tomato salsa.
- Cullen Skink, traditional haddock chowder with undyed smoked Haddock, cream, parsley and organic potatoes.
- (Light bite) Fresh soups prepared in a Vita-Mix blender using 100% organic ingredients, served with Bruschetta on sourdough bread
To capture the memories of your trip, we invested heavily in quality camera gear. We use a full frame Nikon system with prime lenses, to capture peoples memories and experiences. If you choose this option we photograph your fishing trip, corporate fishing day or vacation, and share the images with you on Dropbox.
All the images you see on this website are original images from actual trips we have hosted. All images belong to Alba Game Fishing and cannot be reproduced without permission.