Which is the best month for fly fishing in Scotland?
September is one of the best months in Scotland to go fishing, why?
- The trout fishing is best, fish are feeding heavily, prior to the run-up to spawning
- Salmon are prolific in the rivers Tweed and Tay, the autumn run starts
- Sea fishing is productive and large predators can be caught
- Grayling fishing in the rivers, is starting to reach a peak
- The scenery is wonderful with the start of autumn and changing colours
- The light in Scotland is beautiful in September
- There are fewer tourists (and anglers) to get in your way
- The perfect month to try and complete the Macnab sporting challenge
It’s true there are fewer tourists here in September. Edinburgh is quieter after the end of the Festival. The thespians of London depart and sanity hits the streets again. Prices in hotels resume normal levels and you can book the best tables in restaurants.
If you are staying in an Edinburgh hotel, then we can offer trout fishing near Edinburgh
trips and salmon fishing on the River Tweed