Fly Fishing course for beginners
Fly fishing lessons in a fully-equipped lochside fishing cabin, venues throughout Scotland. You’ll be taught all about the fishing tackle, the flies used, what techniques for flyfishing in Scotland, when and how to fish them, how to read the water and how to cast a fly.
In the afternoon session, we put theory into practice and get on the water to try casting techniques and ultimately to catch a trout. The venue is a beautiful, secluded trout loch 50 mins from Edinburgh. If you catch a trout, we can prepare it to take home and show off to friends and family. You may take up to a maximum of two fish home. The loch is one of the finest trout lochs close to Edinburgh, it has 3 acres of exciting fishing. The trout are easy to catch and hard fighting. Lunch can be included in a fully equipped lochside cabin. At the end of this exciting day, we will provide you with a certificate and a baseball hat.
Key learnings on this day
• Learn the graceful art of fly fishing with this full-day experience
• Tuition by Professional Orvis or Hardy endorsed guides
• Learn the practical elements of fly fishing before casting a line
• Enjoy fishing on Scotland’s finest trout lochs
• Soak up the peaceful surroundings fishing from the bank
• Depending on your success rate, you can take home up to two fish
• And if you don’t make a catch, there’s still a certificate to show your friends