Sea Fishing South West Scotland
This is one of the best sea fishing trips you can experience in Scotland. You will spend the day fishing for a variety of saltwater species, Pollock, Wrasse, Sea Bass, Mackerel and Tope. You can fly fish or use a spinning rod or boat rod and multiplier. The equipment supplied is not typical to the usual boat trips, it’s lovingly maintained, up to date and the very best equipment.
Located 3.5 hours south of Edinburgh and Glasgow, and 1.5 hours from Prestwick airport, this corner of Scotland is called Galloway and offers some of the best sea fishing in Europe. Typically you are fishing from a boat close to the shore in 25ft -40ft of water, you can enjoy fly fishing or spinning with a lure, the action is fast and furious. When targeting Tope, we head into deeper water and utilise the tide to target this shark species.
What to expect
Ideally we would meet you in Portpatrick or somewhere in Galloway, by doing that you could minimise travel and arrive to fish with good energy levels. If based in Edinburgh, we will collect you and drive you to the boat launch point (approx. 3.5 hours) Everything you need will be provided, the best sea fishing tackle, life vests(update in 2020), pro-photography. The vehicle can be driven to the boat launch point so no tricky walking is required.
Your professional guide will assist you in the boat. The Sea Captain is highly experienced in both locating fish and boat handling. Trips are typically 6 hours, though we are flexible.
- Chartered boat with qualified skipper and guide.
- Transport to /from Edinburgh/ Glasgow / Prestwick(another pickup point by arrangement)
- Sea fishing gear and LRF tackle for Wrasse – hand tied sand eel flies
- Professional guide, and a qualified skipper
- Photographs of the day for each guest.
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £25
- Photobook of your day’s experience – £120
- Excellent local accommodation – Ask