Salmon Fishing River Dee – near Aberdeen
The River Dee rises in the Cairngorm Mountains and flows for over 80 miles before the river enters the North Sea at Aberdeen. It is one of the most attractive rivers in Scotland to fish.
The Dee is widely known as one of the great salmon rivers in Scotland and indeed the world. Anyone who has ever cast a fly for Atlantic salmon will know the allure of this river. Alba has guests from all over the world who come in search of the ultimate prize: a Dee springer taken on the fly.
What to expect
We will collect you from your hotel and drive you to the River. Everything you need will be provided, the best salmon fishing tackle, breathable waders, automatic life vests, and photography.
We prefer to fish salmon beats that our guides have good knowledge of. Which pools to fish, and techniques to use to catch salmon on the Dee. They also know the best salmon fly patterns. Invery & Tilquhillie Beat, situated close to Banchory. This stunning and well managed beat of the river, offers a mile and a half of brilliant fly water, which is a true representation of all that is good about the Dee. Fish tend to hold up in this beat awaiting optimum river levels before running the Feugh (tributary) and you can enjoy great sea trout fishing here too.
Your Orvis fishing guide will stay with you all day and be on hand for casting tips, and any other assistance. We will fish until lunch-time, then break for a delicious hot lunch (optional) in a river-side cabin. We use organic and locally sourced ingredients for our fishing lunches. A taste of Scotland.
Throughout the day your guide will take photos, at the end of the trip you will be sent a link to Dropbox to download the images.
- Fishing permits salmon fishing on the River Dee
- Transport to /from hotel
- All the fishing tackle and clothing you require – we use the very best!
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques to try – hand-tied flies and top-end tackle
- Professional dedicated guidance, by an Orvis Endorsed guide
- Photographs of the day – for each guest
- Professional photographs of your fishing experience by a dedicated pro. Link sent to Dropbox or DVD provided – £150
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £25
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in a riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic or locally sourced ingredients. – £40 for one £60 for two.
- Photobook of your day’s experience (if Photography option is chosen) – £120
- Excellent local accommodation
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 15 hand-tied patterns £100