River Tay: Salmon wade or boat fishing – fly and spin fishing
Salmon fishing River Tay with a pro guide. Premium fishing tackle provided.
You’ll be fishing the River Tay- Internationally renowned for its Atlantic salmon fishing, and one of the best salmon rivers in Europe. Anglers come from all over the world to fish here.
The River Tay regularly produces very big fish, including one caught by Miss Georgina Ballantine in 1922, weighing 64lbs. To date, this remains the British Record. The Atlantic salmon is such a powerful fish, and somehow a real symbol of ancient Scotland. Catching one in Scotland is every angler’s dream.
How does your fishing day go?
You can be collected from your hotel by your guide, a day normal runs from 08:00 to 18:00, however, we are flexible with timings.
We provide everything you need. Quality fishing tackle and specialist Scottish tied flies. Waterproofs and waders supplied, we also carry spare sunglasses.
Your guide will be on your shoulder all day and is happy to give you casting tips, take photos and share stories. When you need solitude, you can just enjoy the river
Salmon fishing River Tay with guide What’s Included
- Fishing permits (license not required)
- Transport arrangements
- Dedicated professional guide/ Casting instructor – learn to Spey cast
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied River Spey flies and top-end tackle.
- If need be, we can teach/fine tune Spey Casting with the 15ft fly rod.
- Photographs of the day– link to Dropbox
- Wading jackets, breathable Orvis waders, Orvis boots spare Costa Sunglasses
- Professional photographs of your fishing experience by a dedicated pro. Link send to Dropbox or DVD provided – £150
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £25
- Gourmet cooked lunches in a riverside hut served with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic or locally sourced ingredients. Wood burning stove – £40 for one £50 for two.
- Photobook of your day’s experience (if Photography option is chosen) – £120
- Excellent local accommodation
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 15 hand-tied patterns £100