Guided Fly Fishing River Tay for Salmon: Wade or Boat Fishing
Salmon fishing River Tay is the longest Scottish river. Your day includes a professional fishing guide, offering advice on river craft, Spey Casting Tuition, fishing techniques, premium salmon fishing tackle, transport, and river-side lunches can be provided.(optional)
You’ll be fishing the River Tay- Internationally renowned for its Atlantic Salmon Fishing, and one of the best salmon rivers in the UK. Anglers come from all over the world to fish here.
The River Tay regularly produces very big fish, including the current UK rod caught salmon record, caught by Miss Georgina Ballantine in 1922, weighing 64lbs. Atlantics are such powerful fish, and somehow a real symbol of ancient Scotland. Catching one in Scotland is every angler’s dream and according to VisitScotland, one of the top ten attractions in Scotland. A Bucket List Dream!
The salmon season on the River Tay runs from 15th January to 15th October, although you can extend fishing to 31st October on excellent tributaries like the River Earn, which is one of the best Autumn rivers for Salmon in Scotland.
How does your fishing day go?
You can be collected from your hotel by your guide, a normal day (including transport) runs from 08:00 to 18:00, however, we are flexible with timings.
We provide everything you need. Quality fishing tackle and specialist Scottish tied salmon flies. Orvis wading jackets and waders supplied, we also carry spare sunglasses. Our top quality Orvis wading boots have Vibram © Soles and Tungsten studs. We supply quality 14ft and 15ft Mackenzie double hand fly fishing salmon rods, reels and balanced lines. We have a range of line choices, Shooting Heads, Spey lines, and Skagit.
Your fishing guide will be on your shoulder all day and is happy to give you casting tips, take photos and share stories. When you need solitude, you can just enjoy the river, and relax.
- Salmon Fishing permits for a prime beat of River Tay
- Transport arrangements – we will collect you from your hotel or accommodation
- Professional SGAIC qualified fishing guide and casting instructor
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied salmon flies and premium fishing tackle.
- We will teach you Spey Casting with the 15ft rod.
- Photographs of the day– link to Dropbox(taken by your guide on a compact camera or iPhone)
- Clothing, footwear/ waders, and spare sunglasses
- All you need bring is your enthusiasm
- Professional photographs of your fishing experience by a dedicated pro. Link sent to Dropbox or DVD provided – £150
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £20
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in a riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic or locally sourced ingredients. – £40 for one £60 for two.
- Photobook of your day’s experience (if Photography option is chosen) – £120
- Excellent Fishing Accommodation
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 15 hand-tied patterns £100