Fly Fishing or Spinning for pike in Scotland – near Edinburgh
The loch is over 100 acres and offers the very best pike fishing in Scotland. Your fishing guide will offer boat or bank fishing and provide all the fishing tackle needed. If you are having a fishing holiday in Scotland, this fishing venue should not be missed.
Where is this pike Loch?
Located a short distance south of Edinburgh ( 1 hr 45 minutes Glasgow) this beautiful loch set in a wilderness and accessed only by a small private (locked) road, is the perfect stage for an unparalleled sport with this magnificent species, fishing is all catch and release. These pike average 8-9 pound with 15-20lb not uncommon.
How does your pike fishing day go?
We will collect you from Edinburgh and you will enjoy a short drive through the countryside to the south of Edinburgh to the loch. There is a superbly appointed fishing lodge to enjoy tea and coffee or a welcome dram. Fishing is either from boat or bank, depending on the time of year and conditions. Both produce sport and you only need to look through our TripAdvisor reviews to get a sense of how good this place really is. If you are looking for stunning scenery, high catch rates and a great day out from Edinburgh or Glasgow, choose this fishing package.
- 18ft boat with electric outboard and dedicated professional guide
- Transport to /from the venue
- Premium predator fishing tackle provided, including lures that work and hand tied pike flies
- Photographs of the day – link emailed to Dropbox
- Waterproof rain gear, spare sunglasses
- Gourmet cooked lunch served loch-side, with wine and refreshments – £25
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £25
- Photobook of your day’s experience – £120
- Accommodation in River Tweed House (30 mins south)from £75 per night. A double room with 4 poster would be £120 per night bed and breakfast rate