Trout Fishing near Edinburgh
Escape the city and enjoy the best trout fishing near Edinburgh. We offer fishing professional fishing guides, transport, fishing tackle and permits, taking all the hassle away for your fishing trip in Scotland.
Venue A – Fishing Stillwater Loch close to Edinburgh
A short distance away from your hotel in Edinburgh, you will be surrounded by wonderful scenery and fantastic fishing. Our guides have fished in these waters for over 40 years. They know every technique to catch fish. Fishing is from the bank or a drifting boat, sturdy enough to take two anglers and a fishing guide. The trout are free rising and plentiful and average 2lb in weight. This venue offers some of the best loch fishing in Scotland, close to Edinburgh.
Venue B – Trout Fishing Loch – 1 hour from Edinburgh
This stunning spring fed loch is located an easy 1-hour drive to the East of Edinburgh and was one of the first in Scotland to offer rainbow trout fishing. The loch is approx 10 acres and fishing is fly only. If you choose a boat they are sturdy enough to take two anglers and a guide, the fish are free rising and plentiful.
Our team has a huge breadth of knowledge and experience fishing here, and know the patterns that work well for different conditions. There is a lodge overlooking the loch, suitable to serve lunch and enjoy a break.
How does the day go?
Our guide will collect you from your hotel and drive you through some scenic landscapes to arrive at the loch-side.
On arrival, we will give you a welcome dram of fine single Malt and or tea/ coffee, change into your waterproofs and provide you with an auto-inflate life vest if fishing from the boat.
We can include photography (extra cost). We will send you a link to Dropbox, to download the images.
Your fishing guide will be on your shoulder all day and will show you Scottish fishing techniques, casting tips, take photos and share stories.
- Trout fishing permits (no license required in Scotland)
- Pick up and drop off at your Edinburgh hotel
- Quality fishing tackle and clothing – home tied Scottish trout flies
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques to try – Orvis Helios 2 and 3 rods, hand-tied flies and top-end tackle
- Dedicated professional trout fishing guides…SGAIC casting instructors available
- A welcome dram of Scotland’s finest Malt whisky
- Concierge service prior to your arrival – email any requests, we can help
- Alba Game Fishing baseball cap – £25
- Gourmet cooked lunch, with wine and a welcome Dram. Organic and locally sourced ingredients – £40 for 1 person, £50 for two.
- Professional photographer for the day, using full frame DSLR cameras to capture your fishing memories £150
- Photobook of your day’s experience –if Pro Photographer option is chosen £120
- Alba Game fishing box of hand-tied trout flies – with 15 must have flies £85