Wild Brown Trout wade fly fishing in the world famous River Tweed
Wonderful scenery; warm knowledgeable guides; premium tackle and service…a chance for real trophy river trout close to Edinburgh.
The iconic River Tweed
The Tweed is the second longest river in Scotland and takes great pride in the fact that it produces more fish caught to the fly than any other river in Britain.
All along its 97-mile course, this ancient river is surrounded by myth and mystery. Your guides have fished this river since they were boys. The River is set in stunning scenery and offers some of the best of wild brown trout fishing in Scotland yet you will be fishing only 50 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre.
How does your fishing guided day go?
You can be collected from your hotel by your guide, a day normal runs from 08:30 to 17:30, however, we are flexible with timings.
We provide everything you need. Quality fishing tackle and specialist Scottish tied flies. Waterproofs and waders are supplied as is eye protection/sunglasses and life vests.
Your guide will be on your shoulder all day and is happy to give you local fishing techniques, casting tips, take photos and share stories. When you need solitude you can just enjoy the river.
Included in this package
All licenses and fishing permits for a private stretch of the river
- Transport arrangements
- Professional dedicated river guide, learn to read the river and connect with fish
- The latest fishing tackle and techniques; hand tied flies and top-end tackle (Tenkara fishing also available at no extra charge)
- Photographs of the day– link to Dropbox
- Clothing, footwear/ waders, and sunglasses
- All you need bring is your enthusiasm
- Alba Game Fishing Baseball cap – £25
- Gourmet cooked lunches served in a riverside cabin, with wine and a welcome Dram. All the ingredients are locally sourced and organic. – £30 for 1 person, £40 for two.
- Photobook of your day’s experience – £120
- Riverside accommodation in River Tweed House from £75 per night.
- Double room 2 people and a 4 poster bed per night bed and breakfast £100
- Alba Game fishing secret weapon fly box- with 15 hand-tied patterns £85